From Grief to Action is a registered Society in British Columbia (#S-0042377) having a Charitable Registration Number through the Canada Revenue Agency (#88871 9812 RR0001). Learn more about our financial model below.
FGTA currently has 5 volunteer board members assisted by a bookkeeper and a website administrator.
Providing hope and support, resources and respect to families and friends affected by drug use.
From Grief to Action is a volunteer-based not-for-profit association in British Columbia. We are a voice and a support network for families and friends affected by drug use.
Purposes of the Society
- To promote recognition of drug use as a health issue.
- To raise public awareness of the needs and concerns of drug users and their families, and work towards overcoming stereotypes and marginalization.
- To provide and promote support for families and friends of drug users.
- To promote effective educational programs designed to prevent drug abuse.
- To promote and work towards the establishment of a comprehensive continuum of care for drug users which meets their needs for harm reduction, detoxification, treatment, and recovery, in order that they may achieve and maintain healthy, productive lives.
Our Financial Model
- Our membership fees are designed to make it affordable for anyone to express support for our objectives by joining FGTA.
- Donations, bequests and sponsorships keep us going. The Board directors of FGTA are grateful to the donors and funders whose support has ensured the Society’s continued success, and greatly appreciate the support of governments and health authorities.
- Supportive gifts take many forms. For example, supermarket bakeries and others have donated refreshments to our annual general meeting.
- All donations over $20 are tax deductible.